Winter warming warning as Bunning issues urgent recall on potentially deadly device – here’s what you need to know
- Models of Mill Electric Convection Panel Heaters recalled by Bunnings
- The specific models it applies to are AU SG2000LED and AU SG2000LED BK
- For units sold between July 5, 2021 and July 20, 2022 at Bunnings stores
- Bunnings said the power cord is not properly anchored to the device
- If pulled, it may detach from the device or loosen
- Presents a risk of fire or electric shock, can cause serious injury or even death
- Consumers who return the product to any Bunnings store will receive a full refund
Bunnings has issued an urgent recall for one of its winter heaters which could be fatal if it fails in a family home.
The faulty element is the electric convection heating panel of the mill models AU SG2000LED and AU SG2000LED BK.
The recall applies to units that were sold between July 5, 2021 and July 20, 2022 at Bunnings stores.
Convection Electric Heater Panel Models for Grinders: AU SG2000LED and AU SG2000LED BK have been recalled by Bunnings because they are concerned they may pose a fire or shock hazard which can result in death or serious injury.
The power cord on these models of Mill Electric Convection Panel Heater (shown) is not properly anchored to the unit and if pulled, it may come loose from the unit or break loose.
Bunnings said the power cord is not properly anchored to the device and if pulled, it can come loose from the device or come loose.
For residents who currently owned one of these models, this poses a fire or electric shock hazard that could result in serious injury or death.
Consumers should immediately stop using the product and unplug it from the power outlet.
Return the product to any Bunnings store for a full refund.
For more information, please contact Arlec Australia Pty Ltd by telephone at 03 9982 5111 or email [email protected]
Consumers who return the product to any Bunnings store will receive a full refund