The past two months have proven that no golfer is immune to LIV speculation.
While numerous reports involving the likes of Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed and Brooks Koepka have proven to be correct, two names that keep coming up that haven’t budged are Collin Morikawa and Jordan Spieth.
The latter was again part of the speculation machine on Thursday, when Golf Monthly Report that a number of pros could make the move after next week’s Open Championship and again before the end of the summer once the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup is over.
Before the news really started circulating, Spieth’s agent denied those rumors while speaking with SiriusXM’s Colt Knost.
While Spieth’s latest speculation has been dismissed, Golf Monthly has also named Henrik Stenson, Tommy Fleetwood, Cameron Smith and 2021 Masters champion Hideki Matsuyama all as potential golfers to make the jump. Stenson is also the current Ryder Cup captain for Team Europe, so that would be an interesting move in itself.
LIV Golf’s next event will take place July 28-30 in Bedminster, New Jersey.
Via Cover Image Daily mail
- Spieth latest to fall into LIV Golf rumor mill, but agent says ‘100% false’ – July 8, 2022
- Rory McIlroy: If you choose LIV, don’t come back to us – July 6, 2022
- Horschel has no ill will for LIV defectors, just wants them to tell the truth – July 5, 2022
- Woods sacrificed his US Open appearance to be ready for the St. Andrews Open – July 5, 2022
- Paige Spiranac calls Phil Mickelson ‘wrong’ after being blocked by Lefty – June 23, 2022
- LIV Golf Tour failed when it counted at the US Open – June 23, 2022
- PGA Tour confirms big budget events and special fall series coming in 2023 – June 22, 2022
- Collin Morikawa killed the LIV rumors in the most hilarious way possible – June 22, 2022
- Nick Faldo leaves CBS as senior golf analyst to be replaced by Trevor Immelman – June 21, 2022
- PGA Tour has big money, no-cut events and permanent ban hints for golfers LIV – June 21, 2022
Show all posts